Nobel laureates in the sciences are seventeen times likelier than the average scientist to be a painter, twelve times as likely to be a poet, and four times as likely to be a musician. - Steven Ross Pomeroy
An arts education program is an essential component of a student's education. These programs help schools meet the requirements of the Alabama Course of Study for Arts Education. Studies have shown that arts education in schools:
- Provides greater motivation to learn in all subjects.
- Increases attendance rates for students and teachers.
- Raises test scores including standardized achievement tests.
- Engages students more fully in the learning process.
- Gives teachers a sense of renewal and challenge, especially when the arts are integrated with other subjects.
- Develops higher order thinking and problem solving skills.